Sunday 26 September 2010

Alfine hub

Can't bring myself to sell my redundant on-one frame, so I have started a little side project using a hummingbird fork I brought from Sam at Singular cycles a while ago.
I don't really want to build a singlespeed or put gears on it, but quite fancy a internal geared hub for touring duties. BUT do I spend the extra cash on a 11 speed hub or bag a bargain 8 speed hub?
After thinking carefully about how much use this bike might get I have deceided on the 2nd hand 8 speed option. Realistically will probably only get winter commuting duties and hopefully a sea to sea touring trip, with maybe the odd Sunday ride in the Wyre.
So the feelers have been put out on singletrack and with riders looking to upgrade their current hubs to the anticipated 11 speeds hubs hopefully it shouldn't be too long before a pick up a bargain.

EDIT:
Found a complete wheel and shifter on singletrack classified arrived yesterday, now to fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment